cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole screen version of Applications\LibJPEG example?

LMI2
Lead
Posted on June 11, 2018 at 22:16

I have 746 Discovery board, I want to show whole screen JPG images with it. Applications\LibJPEG example only shows partial screen and it crashes with larger.

Do you know how to use larger images with the board. There wasn't any obvious way to make larger images work.

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Posted on June 12, 2018 at 12:43

Hello Michael.Lei,

Determining the framebuffer memory size and its location is a key parameter for the display compatibility check.

The required size of the framebuffer depends on the resolution and color depth of the display.

Please, review the 'Table 9. Framebuffer size for different screen resolutions' in the Application note LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs: https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/25/ca/f9/b4/ae/fc/4e/1e/DM00287603/files/DM00287603.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00287603.pdf.

With Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 16:33

I read the application note. And one thing came to my mind, namely is there a whole example or application where that code is used. It is much easier when there is a whole working code to modify. At least LibJpeg application did not have the same calls as in AN4861 when I searched.

By the  way, was there a demo code for the STM32F746 Discovery showing whole screen jpgs but without  any OSs.

Regards

Leif

Posted on June 20, 2018 at 01:45

I think I have to say this. I did something wrong when I tried to show larger images. When everything was correct, size in .h file, line counter and imagesize there were no problems. So it was quite easy after all.

I don't normally see posts coming from forums, they go to another mail address which mainly collecting spam.