cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC1 IN0 and ADC2 IN0 are on the same pin? F407VGTx

LMI2
Lead
Posted on October 20, 2016 at 23:42

I tried to assign a different pin for both but could not. I thought that they would be in separate pins automatically. CPU is STM32F407VGT* and the Cube is 4.17.0. Library is current version 1.13.1

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on October 21, 2016 at 05:21

The pins are frequently named ADC123_IN0 (PA0) as they can associate with more than one ADC, review the pin lists in the Data Sheet

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/ef/92/76/6d/bb/c2/4f/f7/DM00037051.pdf/files/DM00037051.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00037051.pdf

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LMI2
Lead
Posted on October 21, 2016 at 16:50

It looks like some ADC channels really are connected together. A strange feature,and the CUBE does not give any warning.

Posted on October 21, 2016 at 17:22

At some level you're expected to know what hardware you are using. Using Cube is not a substitute for reading the manuals or understanding the architecture.

The Input Channel, and Rank Order are different concepts. The hardware provides a significant amount of flexibility to address different applications.

The multiple ADC allow signals to be sampled at the same instant.

Multiple ADC sampling the same pin permits the signal to be sampled in an interleaving mode (Dual, Triple), boosting the sampling rate. The longer conversion time is masked by slewing the sampling between the ADC.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..