cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does the automatically downloaded STM32CubeMX update go?

LMI2
Lead
Posted on October 06, 2015 at 20:59

I noticed that there was a new CubeMX version available 4.10.1.  The Cube SW downloaded it semi automatically but I can't find it.

It was unzipped automatically but not installed. So where is it.

I have a Windows 7 machine
9 REPLIES 9
caco3
Associate II
Posted on October 07, 2015 at 11:48

For me, every time, I did an automatic update of STM32CubeMX, it dis not work afterwards anymore (exe missing).

So I always download and install it manually.

Posted on October 07, 2015 at 13:41

Hi guys,

After launching thedowload of the new version 4.10.1 within ''Check Update Manager'':

1-Close CubeMx

2-Click right on its shortcut

3-Click on ''Run as administrator''

Then, updates will be installed completely.

-Shahrzad-

LMI2
Lead
Posted on October 21, 2015 at 23:49

Tonight I did exactly like it was told below. But nothing happened. Or is it very slow or something?

Posted on October 22, 2015 at 00:46

Do you have any AV software that might be interfering with normal operation of the computer?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LMI2
Lead
Posted on October 22, 2015 at 16:46

Heh. I have an antivirus suite from F secure. But I think this machine works quite normally (for a Microsoft product that is). That was a joke, everything works, no freezes or other problems. I can install drivers and so on. And CCleaner and so on are able to update themselves (if I let them). But for the next update I will try taking off the AV suite for awhile.

apperleye
Associate
Posted on October 23, 2015 at 23:19

I have also experience the same issue but have another issue as well.

I downloaded the latest STM32CubeMX installer directly (not as an update within STMCube) and ran the installer with Administrative permissions.

I then attempted to start the application using ''Run as Administrator'' and received the message in the attachment.

Clive - How do I resolve this? What have I missed in the installation??

Eric

Attachments :

STM32CubeMX_update_Issue.PNG : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtgU&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aVi%2F4VnVjEd..NikriA5cYu7A3c0BRohA2A0_mYMC0MSMsk&asPdf=false
Posted on October 24, 2015 at 01:37

Not really my battle.

I guess I'd look at the ownership/rights for the directories in question, and if they in fact exist. Files that are running (.EXE/.DLL) can't be deleted if the system has them loaded.

Be very sure there aren't multiple instances of the software running, double check in the Task Manager.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on October 27, 2015 at 17:32

Hi  apperley.eric.001,

Make sure of your administrator rights in the STM32CubeMx folder. Maybe it is the cause of the problem.

-Shahrzad-

Really? This is all you have to give as an answer? I'm running this out of an Command Prompt in Administrator mode and I get this same message.