cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I updated Java, The Cube does not work anymore

LMI2
Lead
Posted on August 31, 2016 at 01:49

I also tried to reinstall the Cube, but even the installer does not start properly. I can see it runs for a moment and then stops.

I have Win 7 32
2 REPLIES 2
slimen
Senior
Posted on August 31, 2016 at 10:33

Hi,

It's recommended to uninstall all older versions of Java before to install the new one.

Maybe this is the cause of your problem, as the new installation of java doesn't automatically replace the old installations.

If your problem still persists and in order to more understand the issue you are facing, we need more details on the case:

Which Java and Cube version ? Have you an Error message ?

Regards

LMI2
Lead
Posted on September 01, 2016 at 14:13

I tried to answer earlier but the Forum wouldn't let me. Now the new message notification was days late.

Reinstalling the Java solved the issue. I have had this kind of problem before and then I had to run some Java*.exe in the Java directory. Some of them helped then.

Edit: The issue is solved, but you asked these, so I might as well give them.

''If your problem still persists and in order to more understand the issue you are facing, we need more details on the case:

Which Java and Cube version ? Have you an Error message ?

''

The old Java was something with 66 in version number and the new is the current one 1.8.0_101. The Cube is the current version 4.16.0. No error messages. The program starts with the splash screen and then it vanishes and there is no trace of the program, even in the process explorer.