Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with STM32F746 Discovery repository template

LMI2
Lead
Posted on May 23, 2017 at 22:59

Keil gives odd errors or warnings.

#include 'main.h' gives an error about missing file Cmsis_armcc.h, but is not missing and the compilation continues. The project should compile correctly without modifications. At least other projects from repository seem to do so.

This code in the main.c has problems says Keil:

../Src/main.c(94): warning: #223-D: function 'BSP_LCD_Init' declared implicitly

BSP_LCD_Init (); ../Src/main.c(95): warning: #223-D: function 'BSP_LCD_DisplayChar' declared implicitly BSP_LCD_DisplayChar((uint16_t*) 44, (uint16_t*) 66, (uint8_t*) 'h');

/* Add your application code here
 */
BSP_LCD_Init ();
BSP_LCD_DisplayChar((uint16_t*) 44, (uint16_t*) 66, (uint8_t*) 'h');
 /* Infinite loop */
 while (1)
 {
BSP_LCD_DisplayChar((uint16_t*) 44, (uint16_t*) 66, (uint8_t*) 'h');
 }�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?

How should those functions be called, especially because there is no text on the screen. LCD init works because the LCD goes dark.

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on May 25, 2017 at 10:31

Hi

Michael.Lei

I cannot reproduce the issue with the BSP example under STM32746G-Discovery, using theSTM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0 and Keil version 5.

Be sure to follow the instructions on the readme file.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on May 25, 2017 at 13:31

Good to see that this was noticed.The BSP project works here too.

My problem was with Template project: .....\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Templates

But the BSP example seems like a good start.

LMI2
Lead
Posted on May 25, 2017 at 17:56

There is a problem with a Template project. All other projects from Projects folder compile fine without problems, (at least those I tested). But here is an error in #include 'main.h' about include chain. Is it meant to be somehow broken? Perhaps finished after all parts are there or what.

LMI2
Lead
Posted on May 26, 2017 at 10:59

That is strange. Other example projects compile fine. They don't require any adjustment. The project is its original place and fresh from zip-file and still it wont work.

Posted on May 26, 2017 at 10:28

Hi

Michael.Lei

I have already tested successfullythe template project !

Make sure that your project has the right include paths and source files from the same tree.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen