Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in compiling 746 Discovery demo

LMI2
Lead
Posted on May 16, 2017 at 19:47

I am studying the STM32F746 Discovery board and tried to compile the demo

C:\Users\LM7\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstration

I am using Keil 5.*** IDE.

It gave me an error:

compiling cmsis_os.c...

../../../../Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/CMSIS_RTOS/cmsis_os.c(110): error:  #5: cannot open source input file 'cmsis_armcc.h': No such file or directory

#include 'cmsis_armcc.h'

../../../../Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/CMSIS_RTOS/cmsis_os.c: 0 warnings, 1 error
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on May 16, 2017 at 20:36

You'd need to get your Include Paths straightened out

C:\Keil5xx\ARM\PACK\ARM\CMSIS\5.0.1\CMSIS\Include

File found here :

C:\Keil5xx\ARM\PACK\ARM\CMSIS\5.0.1\CMSIS\Include\cmsis_armcc.h

When the tools can't find things, go look with your File Manager of choice, and then make sure the places to find Include files are enumerated in the project's settings.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LMI2
Lead
Posted on May 16, 2017 at 20:54

I see. I have to check that. But I wonder why other projects seem to compile and run.

Posted on May 16, 2017 at 21:40

>>But I wonder why other projects seem to compile and run.

Because they can find all the files they need and the settings are sufficiently complete/coherent?

Assume a few things, ST isn't using the exact same version of tools, directory placement, or machine as you, there is a lot of material in the example directories, material may be shared across multiple projects, and things might get updated, or might be dependent on external packs installed by you or your tools, expect there to be regression issues where you have to tweak a few settings. You understand your tools, review what the error says, address that, and no one has kittens..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..