cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM8 LIN driver suit and lingen utility

sameersupasani
Associate
Posted on February 23, 2016 at 12:22

We are using the LIN Driver suit V 5.1.0 from ST microelectronics. The demo project provided in that is having a lin_basic_demo.ldf and lin_basic_demo.lgn files. I was successfully able to regenerate lin_cfg.c, lin_cfg.h and lin_cfg_types.h files using the lingen utility provided in the driver suit. In my original system, I have 3 lin channels on a master device. so as per the documentation of the lingen utility, i have to create 2 ldf files. So I have copied lin_basic_demo.ldf. So now I have  lin_basic_demo_1.ldf and lin_basic_demo_2.ldf. As per LIN specs. I have added 'Channel postfix name definition'. in both the files as channel_name = ''SCI1'' for first ldf and ''SCI2'' for other. I also have changed lin_basic_demo.lgn to indicate that there are 2 instances of LIN channel as follows. //

Interfaces

{

SCI1: ''lin_config/lin_basic_demo_1.ldf'';

SCI2: ''lin_config/lin_basic_demo_2.ldf''; 

}

Now when I try to run the lingen utility, it  hangs and do not generate the output files [lin_cfg.c, lin_cfg.h and lin_cfg_types.h]

command used

..\..\..\..\lingen\bin\win\lingen.exe master -o obj lin_config\lin_basic_demo_mlt.lgn

Sameer S. Upasani

#stm8-lin-driver-suit
0 REPLIES 0