Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F437 DCMI

cmoses
Associate
Posted on May 07, 2015 at 17:43

Hi ---

I'm adapting working code from the STM32F407 Discovery platform to a custom board using the STM32F437. The process has been going well but I am having a problem with the DCMI. 

The control (I2C) channel works fine and I can read/write camera registers. 

In hardware I can see the HSYNC, VSYNC, PCLK, and data lines toggling correctly. I can also see these pins moving in the debugger. 

However, the DCMI controller never reports a LINE_RIS nor VSYNC_RIS raw interrupt (as it does on the STM32F407).

The HCLK is 144 MHz for both boards and is much faster than the camera's PCLK.

I've check the AF setting (all the DCMI pins are using AF13). 

In may be important to know that I'm using PH8 for HSYNC, PI5 for VSYNC, and PA6 for VCLK. These are different pins than are used for the STM32F407.

I noticed in the datasheet for the STM32F437 that the HSYNC and VSYNC are available on multiple pins. Is it correct to assume that I can use any of these and that only the one I have chosen is actually mapped to the DCMI? I expect this must be the case, but it is acting as if the AF map is not being enforced or that the DCMI is taking these signals from another source.

I was hopeful for errata on this issue, but didn't see any mention of a datasheet error or omission.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If configuration code would be helpful, I am happy to provide.

Chuck

#stm32f4 #stm32f437 #dcmi
2 REPLIES 2
cmoses
Associate
Posted on May 07, 2015 at 19:38

Hate it when the MCU does exactly what you tell it to do. In this case, I was configuring the wrong port, which is a surprise considering how many times I double-checked the configuration.

armindavatgaran
Associate III
Posted on May 24, 2015 at 16:57

Hello

I use stm32cubef4 and try to read ov7670 registers by I2C but i can't, what may be the problem?

mcu is stm32f407 and there isn't any problem in reading the registers.

Thanks.