Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube on platforms like OS X or Web

jmberi
Associate
Posted on September 22, 2015 at 17:28

I happily use 

STM32Cube on my windows development machine but would much prefer the convenience of starting projects on my various machines. Has there been any discussion about porting STM32Cube to say OS X or move it completely x-platform as an online generator? Searching the forums didn't turn up any discussion.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Posted on September 22, 2015 at 18:11

I am also interested in a Mac version of Cube.

Andrei from The Great White North (as seen on the embedded.fm podcast)
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on September 22, 2015 at 19:07

It's not 

STM32Cube, but if you want something web-based - how about mbed?

https://developer.mbed.org/platforms/?pvend=10

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on October 11, 2015 at 20:18

Dear user,

STM32CubeMX is a java based application. So far we validate our solution on Windows solely platforms but it is being used with some success on Linux and Mac OS platforms as well.

Check the user manual for using it in a command line mode (with or without GUI launch).

Best regards.

markb
Associate II
Posted on October 17, 2015 at 09:48

Just reminding you that the lower portion of the GPIO configuration dialog doesn't appear when running the cube directly on Linux (not using Wine). It would be nice if this could be fixed.

joe23
Associate II
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 04:17

I was able to get it working on Linux. Shouldn't be all that different for OSX: http://fivevolt.blogspot.com/2014/07/installing-stm32cubemx-on-linux.html

markb
Associate II
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 08:37

Hi Joe,

That's interesting, they show a fix for the GPIO dialog problem. Hey, ST guys, there's maybe a solution to your bug, why don't you take a look at that blog.

Cheers,

Mark

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on November 13, 2015 at 11:15

Dear user,

Regarding the lower portion of the GPIO configuration dialog not showing on Linux, this shall be solved with CubeMX 4.13.

best regards