Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 discovery kit problem with QSPI

Anton.Mina
Associate II
Posted on August 15, 2015 at 10:41

Hello,

I'm using the STM32F7 discovery kit from ST with Keil uV5, the kit is great however I tried to reload the demonstration firmware, Keil always reports that ''no algorithm found for: <all address in QSPI memory>'', I guessed that the problem is about the programming algorithm, I add the only available algorithm for STM32F7 with external QSPI but it is for STM32F75x not STM32F74x and it didn't work.

so how can I solve this issue? is it about proper setting that I missed or I do really need update from Keil? Is it related to hardware setting to do? or I'm completely wrong

Note: I can program the firmware and it work well but without any graphics, it gets some rubbish data and put it in the position of he original images.

Please help and advice

Thanks,

Mina

#stm32f7-discovery-kit #qspi
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on August 15, 2015 at 17:00

Get Keil to create a .HEX file, and then use the current ST-LINK Utilities with the external flash routines included for the STM32F7-DISCO

You'd need to create, or find, a flashing algorithm for F7+QUADSPI in Keil. ST didn't provide the source in the Utilities package like they have for other platforms, you might be able to port the L4 examples.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Anton.Mina
Associate II
Posted on August 16, 2015 at 07:28

Hello Clive,

First I'd like to thank you for your powerful replies that solved many of my problems not only regarding this topic but many other the I found solved by you even before I post my problem.

I used the ST-LINK Utilities with the external flash routines included for the STM32F7-DISCO exactly as you suggested, it worked 100% perfect.

Thank you very much you solved my problem again ...

Mina