cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NucleoF411RET6 with Newhaven ST7565R Display (SPI)

hackerli90
Associate II
Posted on October 13, 2015 at 14:52

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
1 REPLY 1
Posted on October 13, 2015 at 19:04

> Question 1: Where i dont know if to connect the displays chip select (/CS1) to SP1_NSS or to standart Output??

I did not read the display's datasheet, but if you need to change its level during (or before/after) communication, any pin set to output. Even if you connect it to a pin which can be used as SPI_NSS, you will need to handle it as a GPIO Output - the functionality of NSS in Master mode is rather crippled in the STM32 SPI implementation - read the RM.

> Question 2: Is there something missing or not correct for a simple instruction transmission?

I don't know, but you should learn that yourself by observing the waveforms on the pins using an oscilloscope and/or a logic analyzer and comparing them to the display's datasheet.

> Question 3: Settings suggestions and explainations? NSS_Soft or Hard?

Either, hard, turned to output (SSM = 0, SSOE = 1) and not connected in the AF matrix (as its permamently low after the first transition, i.e. useless); or soft, with SSI set (SSM=1, SSI=1).

> Question 4: /CS1 as Output or SPI1_NSS???

Wasn't that question 1?

JW