cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STW81200 Schematic / design guidance

andydalham
Associate
Posted on June 11, 2015 at 12:22

I am wanting to include the STW81200 into a new product design. I am looking for the schematic for the evaluation board that I think exists, but I am not able to find it.

The specific information that I am looking for are the recommended values for the external components such as the supply decoupling capacitors, voltage regulators and the external RF interfaces. In addition any guidance on the design of the external loop filter would be appreciated.

Regards

#synthesiser #pll #analog
1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 12, 2015 at 09:34

Hi Andy

Could you please tell us something about your application?

ordering the Evaluation KIT of the STW81200 you will find all the informations you need.

The Eval KIT comes with an eval board, a GUI to program the STW81200 (see document attached) and the STWPLLSim software that is provided to help in loop filter design.

Soon all these documents and SW will be available in ST product web page.

At the end of the attached document you will find the schematic of the eval board and BOM. To obtain the best performance from STW81200 in your application we recommend to use exactly the same schematic, in particular regarding the power supply page (page 18).

BR

Giuseppe Martino

email giuseppe-ctn.martino@st.com

DPG- Application Manager

STMicroelectronics

Attachments :

STW81200_EVB_and_GUI_rev2.0.6.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Ht3k&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aJQ%2FVWpHIH_Eyu9gCHhY8xuyqX5_wVmppM0oXQxC9jkXuY8&asPdf=false