RSA- crypt

arunl4g
Associate II
Posted on April 20, 2016 at 17:03

Hi 

anyone has the implementation of RSA.

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on April 20, 2016 at 17:31

A hash is like a checksum/crc (but with significantly more bits, and much harder to spoof), and proves the authenticity/validity of the decoded message, ie you got back what you put in.

You don't need to hash something to encrypt it. Compressing things before you encrypt them is advisable, and the data output by the encryption process is not going to be compressible.

You could use the hash as an initialization vector I guess, it would be fairly message unique, assuming your message is different

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on April 20, 2016 at 18:05

Hi Kaka, 

What is exactly the cryptographic operation you want to perform ( Encryption , decryption , hash, signature...)

IF I supposed that you want signing a message using RSA, in this case, you should hash this message and make the digest of this message as input for RSA

-Hannibal-

arunl4g
Associate II
Posted on April 20, 2016 at 21:21

Hi Hannibal,

As you said, i want to signing a message using RSA for one project and also encryption, decryption for another.

The library which i got is based on signature...Is there any libraries for RSA encryptiona and decryption from ST?

arunl4g
Associate II
Posted on April 21, 2016 at 09:35

Hi

Any examples for RSA encryptiona and decryption?

Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on April 21, 2016 at 15:39

Hi kaka,

There is a package CUBE_CRYPTOLIB v3.1.0 which support RSA Enc/Dec will be available in the coming days in the ST website.

-Hannibal-

arunl4g
Associate II
Posted on April 27, 2016 at 17:27

ok