Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink: Using toolchain approach to build generated code for stm32

abhijeet
Associate
Posted on June 07, 2015 at 14:57

Hello,

I have installed STM32-MAT software and trying to generate and build code for STM32F4-Discovery. When I build model, it gives an error that it is not able to find any toolchain. This problem occurs because there is no option in code generation to choose toolchain. STM32.tlc file has been chosen as system target file.

I found in help of simulink the way one can configure toolchain approach to build code. For that in simulink one has to go to Analysis--> Upgrade Advisor-->''Check and update model to use toolchain approach to build generate code'' and update model. If that is done, toolchain option will be available in code generation. I also tried that but it did not work. It gave error as ''Reference to non-existent field 'Params'.

Please see the attached images to get more idea about this problem.

Does anyone have idea about how this issue can be solved?

Thanks,

Abhijeet 

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on June 08, 2015 at 11:01

Hello,

when you select STM32.tlc, ''STM32 Options'' parameter settings is available.

It is used to set STM32CubeMx path.

You must install STM32CubeMx tool from:

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1533/PF259242?s_searchtype=partnumber

It is used to configure MCU (Pinout and peripherals) and used toolchain.

Then, it is called from Simulink to build project.

Best regards

Pascal

abhijeet
Associate
Posted on June 08, 2015 at 13:24

Hello,

STM32Cube MX has been already installed. The path has been given in STM32 Options but still it is not showing up the option for toolchain. Build failed.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Posted on June 10, 2015 at 10:10

Hello,

toolchain is selected from STM32CubeMx project->settings (Alt+p)

Then you can choose one of listed toolchain.

STM32CubeMx generates project when it is called from Simulink when you press Simulink build button.

Best regards

Pascal