Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching

karan
Associate III
Posted on July 13, 2015 at 16:04

i am using stm32f030r8 controller. when i build i got following error 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching tatsuno_handler.o(.bss).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching heap_4.o(.bss).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching startup_stm32f030x8.o(STACK).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching startup_stm32f030x8.o(HEAP).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching tasks.o(.bss).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching main.o(.bss).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching libspace.o(.bss).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching tasks.o(.data).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching heap_4.o(.data).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching system_stm32f0xx.o(.data).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching main.o(.data).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching stm32f0xx_hal.o(.data).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching port.o(.data).

tat_free_rtos Configuration\tat_free_rtos Configuration.axf: Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0x4c58 bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i select appropriate checkbox under listing tab but there is no information in map file there is now information which section contain how much byte.here i attach map file

1 REPLY 1
Posted on July 14, 2015 at 18:18

Do you have a custom scatter file for the project?

If the size is defined through the Target options dialog, expand the memories to the point where it links completely, and then check the .MAP file, and the output to the log/progress window for the build. If this works, you're probably using the wrong part.

Right now you look to be 20KB shy of fitting this code into this part, which has 64KB of FLASH

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..