Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hou to use old package version on STM32CUBEMX

edrodrigues
Associate
Posted on June 11, 2015 at 16:57

Hi,

I have the most current STM32CUBEMX version, 4.8.0. In this version I cannot choose the firmware package version that I want to use, it only allows to use the most current, but I want to use an  old version. Version 4.6 I can choose the package version that I want, according to the program's manual. How can I download previous version of this program or use old packages versions? 

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
chrif
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2015 at 14:37

Hi,

This is the official response from ST people:

''Actually, although STM32CubeMX update mechanism allows to download all released versions of stm32cube firmware packages, STM32CubeMX allows to create new projects only with one version (and its patch releases if any).

In the present case, the L1.1.2.0 version will only be supported with STM32CubeMX 4.8 release.''

Have a look at this discussion:

[DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/STM32CubeMX%20How%20to%20change%20the%20FW%20library%20in%20project%20settings&]Forum discussion

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on July 01, 2015 at 09:43

Hello,

This is currently a limitation of our solution: you can create new project only with one firmware version (the one supported by STM32CubeMX version).

A workaround would be to use an older STM32CubeMX version, create a new project with it (and so use the firmware version supported at that time) and finally, open the project using MX latest version: you will be proposed with the choices to  migrate to a new Firmware version or to keep using the older version.

Best regards

yuvalk
Associate II
Posted on July 08, 2015 at 15:58

So now that there is a new version for F0 (1.3) it could not work with CubeMX 4.8??

When the new CubeMX version that suppot FO library 1.3 will be out?

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on July 09, 2015 at 12:26

Hi UV,

You have to wait for CubeMX 4.9 that will be available soon to support new versions of Cube packages.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

yuvalk
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2015 at 17:57

Thanks, I'll wait. 

yuvalk
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2015 at 12:47

Now that CubeMX 4.9 is realest, everything works fine.

a60141
Associate II
Posted on October 27, 2015 at 21:40

With 4.10 I still cannot do this!