Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprogramming STM8S005K6

sattarov
Associate
Posted on June 14, 2015 at 22:10

Good evening ST Community,

I am a complete newbie in microcontrollers and programming. Only advanced in Excel macro building, but not sure if that will help =D Well, also had some time spent on Arduino a few years ago, and even managed to make a thermometer with an LCD display, but that’s the top.

Recently got a small RC drone (Hamleys RC Mini Drone), with which I had some fun around 1.5 days, and then got bored. That is when I got this crazy idea about trying to reprogram the drone to the autonomous flight – much more fun than controlling it myself, I think.

After “disassembling�? the whole sing, I found out that the brain of this toy is STM8S005K6, which is the reason I’m writing this message on this forum.

The main question i have at the moment is whether or not it is possible to “extract�? the existing code from STM8S (assuming that the code is not protected by the manufacturer of the toy)? I’m planning to reverse-engineer it to the autonomous flight. Suprisingly, i was not able to find any related infoon my own..

I’d really appreciate all suggestions regarding this matter! Thank you in advance!

0 REPLIES 0