Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LwIP using STM32F207xx

affan56
Associate II
Posted on June 23, 2015 at 20:02

Hello All,

I am using STM32F207 to develop ethernet communication. I have to port FreeRTOS on the board. The board is custom no the standard ST EVAL board.

I have access GPIO and UART on the board.

Now I am using LwIP demo project which is provided by ST.

In that project I changed the   ETH_GPIO_Config(); function according to my board. My board us using RMII so I did the changes accordingly.

My board does not use DP83848 for ethernet transciever. Rather it uses TLK 106. 

So I want to know that the in this function  Eth_Link_PHYITConfig(DP83848_PHY_ADDRESS); the physical address of DP83848 id defined as 01.

What should be the adress in my case TLK106 ?

#stm32 #ethernet #lwip #lwip #example #stm32f207 #stm32f207 #clive1 #freertos-lwip
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on June 23, 2015 at 20:25

The PHY does not have a fixed address, rather, it is given by bootstrapping resistors.

Read ''PHY Address'' chapter in TLK106's datasheet.

JW
affan56
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2015 at 14:32

Thanks waclawek.jan for the information.

I have set the values of IP address using LwIP but I am unable to ping my board.

Can someone tell me what should be the test procedure to find where I am wrong.

I am running LWIP demonstration project provided in the package stsw-stm32060/tcp_echo_client project.

I have updated the GPIO information according to my board. 

Still unable to ping my board.

Posted on June 24, 2015 at 17:54

Can someone tell me what should be the test procedure to find where I am wrong.

Well here, I'd get a clear understanding of the components I'm using, and review the peripheral settings, and control/status bits. I'd review the circuit design so I understood it. 

Confirm that the peripheral is reporting the LAN connectivity correctly, ie 10, 100, half-duplex, full-duplex, etc.

Have the ethernet peripheral send test packets, confirm you can see these on a network analyzer.

Put the peripheral in promiscuous mode, and confirm you can see/receive all the packets traversing the network.

If you can get that working, confirm you can get DHCP working to request an IP address.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
affan56
Associate II
Posted on June 25, 2015 at 13:33

clive1

Thanks clive for the response, i have two boards the second one is ping through my pc correctly so it means periperal is send the ping singal correctly.

I have attached a zip file of the project, It is a standard demo project provided by ST, to test first before developing my applicatoin I just want to use it to get the connections checked, so I just set the Eth_gpio function and IP address, nesmask and gateway according to my network setting but i am unable to ping it.

I have attched the standard library provided by ST which has LWIP project, I am using project/Standalone/tcp_eco_client demo project.

Attachments :

stsw-stm32060.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I15s&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000biI%2FDa24_D1BqqJyij.Gwz9RAoB7oh9ZdZoCmJuK6a5cV_8&asPdf=false