Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wave generation not working

florent2
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2015 at 17:35

Hey!

I've been trying to use my Nucleo F334's DAC wave generation function to output white noise and I can't get it to work (I'm using Mbed compiler tools)... I used the HAL functions described

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/jp/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM001058pdf

, page Here's the code that I tried :

#include ''mbed.h''

DAC_HandleTypeDef DAC_InitStructure;

int
main() {

SystemInit();

DAC_InitStructure.Instance = DAC1;

__DAC1_CLK_ENABLE();

HAL_DAC_Init(&DAC_InitStructure);

HAL_DAC_Start(&DAC_InitStructure, DAC_CHANNEL_1);

HAL_DACEx_NoiseWaveGenerate(&DAC_InitStructure, DAC_CHANNEL_1, DAC_LFSRUNMASK_BITS6_0);

while
(1);

}

It compiles correctly but I don't get any output (I'm looking at PA_4 aka A2). I also tried withHAL_DACEx_TriangleWaveGenerate(&DAC_InitStructure, DAC_CHANNEL_1, DAC_TRIANGLEAMPLITUDE_1023); but it doesn't work either... I tried putting the function into the loop : no positive result. I checked if the STM32F334R8 has the noise generation capacities and it does have it, according to the

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/DM000977pdf

... I'd be glad to have some help! Thanks friends EDIT : I just read in the HAL reference that I should enable software trigger before using wave genereation so I did that but still not working EDIT2 : I tried with TIM6 trigger instead of software trigg with no result. Here is the new code :

#include ''mbed.h''

DAC_HandleTypeDef DAC_InitStructure;

DAC_ChannelConfTypeDef chan1;

int
main() {

SystemInit();

// enable TIM3 peripheral

__TIM6_CLK_ENABLE();

TIM6->CR2 &= 0; 
// UG used as trigger output

TIM6->PSC = 0; 
// no prescaler

TIM6->ARR = 72000; 
// Reload value

TIM6->EGR = TIM_EGR_UG; 
// Reinitialise the counter

TIM6->DIER = TIM_DIER_UIE; 
// enable update interrupt

//DAC_InitStructure.Instance = DAC1;

chan1.DAC_Trigger = DAC_TRIGGER_T6_TRGO;

HAL_DAC_ConfigChannel(&DAC_InitStructure, &chan1, DAC_CHANNEL_1);

HAL_DACEx_NoiseWaveGenerate(&DAC_InitStructure, DAC_CHANNEL_1, DAC_LFSRUNMASK_BITS11_0);

HAL_DAC_Init(&DAC_InitStructure);

HAL_DAC_Start(&DAC_InitStructure, DAC_CHANNEL_1);

TIM6->CR1 |= TIM_CR1_CEN;

while
(1){

if
(TIM3->SR & TIM_SR_UIF) 
// if UIF flag is set 

TIM3->SR &= ~TIM_SR_UIF; 
// clear UIF flag ///// Not really sure about this part, I figured the flag had to be reset somwhere but as i don't have interrupt routine, I didn't know where to do it.

}

}

#nucleo #noise #wave #generation
0 REPLIES 0