Any suggestions how to fix that?

Any help appreciated
4 REPLIES 4
Barry.Richard
Associate III
Posted on June 28, 2015 at 14:55

You may find the

http://www.freertos.org/a00110.html#configCPU_CLOCK_HZ

setting in FreeRTOSConfig.h is defined to SystemCoreClock - SystemCoreClock is defined in the STM32 CMSIS core support files though, not in the FreeRTOS files.  Does your project included the CMSIS core files?

FCR
Associate III
Posted on June 28, 2015 at 18:23

Hi Gerhard,

Without knowing more about the configuration, quite hard to reproduce (in fact, not reproduced yet, works fine for me with Mx 4.8 and IAR).

Would it be possible to know:

- CubeMx version in use: 4.x (with x = ?) ; standalone executable installed or Eclipse plugin used?

- toolchain being used : IAR / Keil / Atollic / SW4STM32 / ... ?

Getting the project file (the one with .ioc extension) could help as well.

Something that is common to most of the requests we get on CubeMx: we need to know tools and OS versions you use for a better support.

As is, without knowing more, as suggested in FreeRTOS.org answer, the generated project could be wrong and the file with SystemCoreClock missing

(file named in your case, system_stm32f0xx.c).

Another possible root cause is that the lines in FreeRTOSConfig.h are ignored/removed by the C preprocessor because of a missing define.

#if defined(__ICCARM__) || defined(__CC_ARM) || defined(__GNUC__)

#include <stdint.h>

extern uint32_t SystemCoreClock;

#endif

I've just commented the ''extern uint32_t SystemCoreClock;'' in FreeRTOSConfig.h, and got with IAR, the following error

Error[Pe020]: identifier ''SystemCoreClock'' is undefined ...\MX4_10_FreeRTOS_F051R8Tx\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\IAR\ARM_CM0\port.c 445

Error while running C/C++ Compiler

While commenting the line in the CMSIS file, I get the following one:

Linking

Error[Li005]: no definition for ''SystemCoreClock'' [referenced from C:\Users\Fred\MX\2015-06-28\MX4_10_FreeRTOS_F051R8Tx\EWARM\

MX4_10_FreeRTOS_F051R8Tx Configuration\Obj\port.o]

The error you get is a compilation error (something not defined, missing in a C file) as on my first try, or an issue at link time as on the 2nd try

(something defined as external but finally not found in any object file to link, meaning a file is missing, as suggested in FreeRTOs.org answer) ?

Regards,

Fred

You may find the

http://www.freertos.org/a00110.html#configCPU_CLOCK_HZ

setting in FreeRTOSConfig.h is defined to SystemCoreClock - SystemCoreClock is defined in the STM32 CMSIS core support files though, not in the FreeRTOS files.  Does your project included the CMSIS core files?

gerhard
Associate II
Posted on June 28, 2015 at 23:41

FredC

Thanks for the reply.

My setup:

Win 8.1

STM32CubeMX V 4.8.0

Use Altium Tasking, wich is Eclipse with plug-ins

I see

uint32_t SystemCoreClock = 8000000;

in

system_stm32f0xx.c

in subdir

CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F0xx\Source\Templates

I see the compilation message:

Compiling system_stm32f0xx.c

I get a number of warnings:

carm W576: [''D:\2\Tasking\0628F051_RTOS\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\portmacro.h'' 126/66] unknown attribute ''naked'' ignored

amk E452: [''Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\subdir.mk'' 9/0] target 'Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\port.obj' returned exit code 1

carm W576: [''D:\2\Tasking\0628F051_RTOS\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\portmacro.h'' 127/75] unknown attribute ''naked'' ignored

carm W576: [''..\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\port.c'' 125/50] unknown attribute ''naked'' ignored

carm W576: [''..\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\port.c'' 132/58] unknown attribute ''naked'' ignored

carm E272: [''..\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\port.c'' 560/28] undeclared identifier ''SystemCoreClock''

In / during Compiling port.c

the undeclared identifier ''SystemCoreClock''

but the line is:

portNVIC_SYSTICK_LOAD = ( configCPU_CLOCK_HZ / configTICK_RATE_HZ ) - 1UL; I am still a little lost with this.

Any help appreciated

FCR
Associate III
Posted on June 29, 2015 at 14:58

Hi Gerhard,

Altium Tasking is not a toolchain among the ''default'' ones supported in CubeMx GUI (cf screenshot).

0690X00000605hTQAQ.png

Any way, it could have worked ''as is'' without the lines in FreeRTOSConfig.h (something to investigate on our side, maybe to improve, but for the moment, they are present!)

As a workaround, what you could try is to add  in the FreeRTOSConfig.h file, inside a user section, the following lines dedicated to Altium Tasking toolchain, something like:

/* USER CODE BEGIN Includes */         

#if defined(__ALTIUM_TASKING__)

#include <stdint.h>

extern uint32_t SystemCoreClock;

#endif

/* USER CODE END Includes */

Note: the code inside a ''user code'' section is not lost when re-generating code with Mx.

Then, definining that symbol (__ALTIUM_TASKING__) for your project in Altium toolchain (a setting dedicated to the C/C++ compiler, not to be defined for Asembler) could make things better for you.

Regards,

Fred

FredC

Thanks for the reply.

My setup:

Win 8.1

STM32CubeMX V 4.8.0

Use Altium Tasking, wich is Eclipse with plug-ins

I see

uint32_t SystemCoreClock = 8000000;

in

system_stm32f0xx.c

in subdir

CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F0xx\Source\Templates

I see the compilation message:

Compiling system_stm32f0xx.c

I get a number of warnings:

carm W576: [''D:\2\Tasking\0628F051_RTOS\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\portmacro.h'' 126/66] unknown attribute ''naked'' ignored

amk E452: [''Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\subdir.mk'' 9/0] target 'Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\port.obj' returned exit code 1

carm W576: [''D:\2\Tasking\0628F051_RTOS\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\portmacro.h'' 127/75] unknown attribute ''naked'' ignored

carm W576: [''..\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\port.c'' 125/50] unknown attribute ''naked'' ignored

carm W576: [''..\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\port.c'' 132/58] unknown attribute ''naked'' ignored

carm E272: [''..\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM0\port.c'' 560/28] undeclared identifier ''SystemCoreClock''

In / during Compiling port.c

the undeclared identifier ''SystemCoreClock''

but the line is:

portNVIC_SYSTICK_LOAD = ( configCPU_CLOCK_HZ / configTICK_RATE_HZ ) - 1UL; I am still a little lost with this.

Any help appreciated