Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX destroys multiple targets in Keil uVision

smrtkai
Senior
Posted on June 13, 2016 at 16:37

Hello,

I have a project with multiple targets. The project was initially generated using STM32CubeMX 4.15. I have created some targets manually. When I change some peripherals and re-generate the code, STM32CubeMX deletes all names of my targets and the compiler cannot compile the targets anymore. The compiler complains ''CMSIS Core unavailable for this target''.

Additionally if I close the Keil uVision project, when another target than the originally generated target is selected, no target is compilable after code generation. The project needs to be closed with the originally generated target.

Is there any way to work with multiple targets?
4 REPLIES 4
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on June 14, 2016 at 10:43

Hi smrtkai, 

For the actual version, it supports one target for a Project. I transmit your request to our CubeMx team.

-Hannibal-

Posted on December 06, 2016 at 16:28

This could be usefull to be able to use multiple targets.

thank you

- LoPe

Posted on December 06, 2016 at 21:12

Perhaps creating separate CubeMX projects for each target would make more sense.  Since different CPUs use different libraries having multiple targets with one code base seems problematic.  You'll need to update, regenerate and build each target project when you have a change debugged, but this will keep things separate and the tools happy

Posted on December 20, 2016 at 11:36

My targets are Debug, Production and Test, so they all use the same code base.