cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery F3 - Virtual Com Port (CDC) problem

Associate
Posted on July 05, 2015 at 21:43

Hello!

I am having hard time using CubeMX and Discovery F3 board, while trying to use USB-CDC feature. First things first: I am generating code using CubeMX as SW4STM32 project, USB is set into CDC in middlewares tab, the rest is left in default values. Clock is set in HSI PLL with PLLMul x12 to ensure 48 MHz for USB. I generated the code and download it on the chip. While connecting discovery with my PC i get two VCP in device manager (yes, i installed the driver, v.1.4.0) but one isn't working (code 10) (you can see in attachment). This is first thing that i don't like and it smells like something buggy is going on. Second thing is that i try to send something using CDC_Transmit_FS  but it doesn't show anything while connected to port 11 via realterm. Same thing happens while i try only to blink LED inside USB_LP_CAN_RX0_IRQHandler(void). Absolutely nothing. I am starting to get a little annoyed about this problems and I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advanced! 

Regards,

Micha?

#stm32f3 #usb #cdc
2 REPLIES 2
Associate
Posted on July 10, 2015 at 09:04

Anyone?

pascaldemarne
Associate
Posted on July 10, 2015 at 16:37

I had the same problem with this board. I also had two vcps in the device manager, but both were not correctly installed (so the yellow triangle with the '!'). But after I installed the drivers from the zip correctly (unzipping is not enough, you have to run the unzipped 32bit or 64bit exe), I had only one vcp left and everything worked fine...