cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F0: Using bootloader through USB-UART.

yuriyanyuriyan
Associate II
Posted on July 06, 2015 at 17:30

Hello everyone. 

At my device I have to make an opputunity to load a firmware through UART interface. I know, that it's possible to do using just USB-UART converter. At the F1 series for this purpose I should set the BOOT0 and BOOT1 pins, but I don't have those at my STM32F0 uC.

In that case, I want to ask the community: how can I organise all of the processes of loading firmware through USB at my controller? If it's possible, provide me please some code examples and schematics. I use STM32F0DISCOVERY board for development, in future I will have only the same controller, as installed at the board.

I look forward for your answers.

#stm32 #usb #uart #usart #stm32f0
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 06, 2015 at 20:20

Ok, so which part specifically are you using that doesn't have a BOOT[0] pin?

Would suggest you review the documentation for the STM32 System Loader, and USART protocol. Also look at the Flash Loader Demonstrator, with source, and other Open Source equivalents.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
yuriyanyuriyan
Associate II
Posted on July 07, 2015 at 09:17

Sorry, I made a mistake.

I mean, I have only BOOT0 pin at the uC.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on July 07, 2015 at 11:21

Hi n.yuriy,

BOOT1 isn't a pin but a bit that you may update using the option bytes.

With the STLink Utility, you can update the value of ''nBoot1''. WHen nBOOT1 is checked and BOOT0=1, you will boot from System Memory.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

yuriyanyuriyan
Associate II
Posted on July 07, 2015 at 13:41

Dear Mayla, thank you very much for your answer. I'll try to use it.