Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitor RAM usage

cc1
Associate
Posted on July 07, 2015 at 10:48

Hi,

I'm using STM32L053 Nucleo, I have wrote some code for it to run, and I wish to do a RAM estimation to see RAM usage of current firmware. How to see the RAM usage?

Regards

#memory
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee
Posted on November 13, 2015 at 14:56

Hello,

You can list compilation information by using specific parameters on you compiler for arm some options are:  --map --xref --callgraph --symbols --info sizes --info totals --info unused (combined with -list file it can be redirected to a file). If you are using an IDE it is available in your project settings (i.e. for keil you can find it in Project -> Option for Target ... in the listing Tab you will find same information).

I hope this can be helpful,

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee
Posted on November 13, 2015 at 14:56

Hello,

You can list compilation information by using specific parameters on you compiler for arm some options are:  --map --xref --callgraph --symbols --info sizes --info totals --info unused (combined with -list file it can be redirected to a file). If you are using an IDE it is available in your project settings (i.e. for keil you can find it in Project -> Option for Target ... in the listing Tab you will find same information).

I hope this can be helpful,

Have a nice day.