Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Link Utility 3.7

carmine
Associate II
Posted on July 11, 2015 at 08:18

Hi to all,

According to the release notes of ST Link Utility, the latest release is 3.7. This release supports STM32F7x development boards (like the discovery one). But, at the moment it's possibile to download only the 3.6 release. Does someone know how to download the latest version?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
pmoore
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2015 at 16:27

I don't see a 3.7 version, but the release notes for 3.6 state ''Added support of STM32F7xx series''.

Posted on July 13, 2015 at 17:08

Yes, but 3.7 is supposed to have the external flash memory drivers required to program the STM32F7-DISCO board completely.

ST needs to pick up the pace on fixing and posting the assorted utilities. Both this and the DFU tool have long standing issues with loading .HEX files properly that need to be addressed on a more aggressive schedule.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pmoore
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2015 at 00:14

I see your point.   I've been lucky to not have had issues with .HEX file loading, but it may be the file size or parts I'm loading.  I have fought machine, OS, STM32Fxxx, and ST-LINK specific ''connecting to target'' issues and those seem to mostly have gone away in the 3.2 and later versions.  My only external flash applications happen to load the external flash as part of the final application code, rather than via the ST-LINK utility, so I have not experienced that pain.  

In regard to updates, I have found it interesting that accessing the ST site from the US often does not show application notes or utility updates that are available to my business colleagues in western EU.  (The same has been true for samples...one can get part samples in the EU sometimes months prior to them being even announced in the US.)

On the upside, ST's price for device programmers and Discovery type evaluation boards is hard to beat.

Posted on July 15, 2015 at 01:42

Don't have any experience to counter the US site, but there are a lot of nodes and stuff often doesn't appear in the most obvious places.

Getting samples has also been pretty easy, a matter of contacting a local rep.

Seminars seem to run a different schedule to Europe, which seems to have more ''training'' than here, and more timely on occasion. I don't see any F7 stuff here, and the stock levels for the F7-DISCO seem on the low side. Probably as they are initially ramping, and it is very aggressively priced.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II
Posted on July 20, 2015 at 19:54

An news about stlink 3.7?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II
Posted on July 23, 2015 at 15:43

It is on the web now!

Posted on July 23, 2015 at 19:54

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258168

Posted on July 30, 2015 at 19:33

Can ST provide the source for the STM32F7 external flashing modules? Along with the ''F5'' Standard Peripheral Library it uses?