cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download the code to the microcontroller?

Yihao Guo
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2017 at 04:47

I am a beginner in stm32 and I don't understand that how to download the code to the microcontroller.

I am also confused about JLink, SWD and st-link. What's the differences between them?

Where can I find these information on the datasheet? 

Thank you!

#st-link #stm32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on February 10, 2017 at 05:37

SWD and JTAG are connectivity methods into the debug support contained within the chip.

The ST-LINK, J-LINK, U-LINK, etc are debugger pods that connect via the SWD/JTAG connection described above.

You'd want to review the Technical Reference Manuals, and associated data, related to the core provided by ARM, rather than the Data Sheets from ST

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
john doe
Lead
Posted on February 10, 2017 at 04:57

the nucleo and discovery boards are mbed-enabled. just drag the compiled .bin file to it and the st-link built in to the boards does the work.

Posted on February 10, 2017 at 05:37

SWD and JTAG are connectivity methods into the debug support contained within the chip.

The ST-LINK, J-LINK, U-LINK, etc are debugger pods that connect via the SWD/JTAG connection described above.

You'd want to review the Technical Reference Manuals, and associated data, related to the core provided by ARM, rather than the Data Sheets from ST

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 10, 2017 at 09:26

Thank you!

Posted on February 10, 2017 at 09:27

Thank you!