Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24SR04 EEPROM direct access

daniele23
Associate
Posted on February 24, 2016 at 08:57

Hi all,

I'm using a M24SR memory connected by I2C bus to a Freescale M0 microcontroller.

Given that the free space for the firmware is very little, I have problems integrating the ST library for reading and writing access to the NDEF files.

So, I was wondering if it was possible to access the EEPROM memory directly without using the ISO-DEP protocol, but accessing to the locations of the EEPROM memory with standard I2C command.

In my firmware I only have to access to a NDEF text file for reading and read the first 10 bytes of this file.

So I ask you:
  1. Can I access in reading mode to any location of the EEPROM memory bypassing the state machine of the device?
  2. If yes, how can I find the starting address of the file that I previously wrote?

Thank you all in advance

Daniele

#read-access #m24sr #eeprom
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JP Miller
Senior
Posted on March 02, 2016 at 12:13

Hello Daniele,

M24SR is accessible on the I2C side in the same manner than from the RF side. It is not possible to access the EEPROM as a standard EEPROM memory.

Best regards,

Have a good day

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JP Miller
Senior
Posted on March 02, 2016 at 12:13

Hello Daniele,

M24SR is accessible on the I2C side in the same manner than from the RF side. It is not possible to access the EEPROM as a standard EEPROM memory.

Best regards,

Have a good day