cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running SPI communication example between two STM32 Discovery boards

sommer
Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2015 at 14:12

I am referring to the example project involving two STM32 Discovery boards for an SPI communication between the two boards provided by ST:

stm32cubef4\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.7.0\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Examples\SPI\SPI_FullDuplex_AdvComIT

The readme.txt states the connection that need to be made between the two boards. I am however confused as to how to run this project since there are two projects, one for the Master and one for the slave with corresponding .eww files. As far as I have understood, each board has to be flashed with its corresponding code, which I have done.

What I don't understand is the next step after flashing the two boards separately. I now have connected the two boards to power and made the necessary connections between them and am running the main in the Master folder. Shouldn't the program work this way.

I may also be completely wrong in the way I am running this example. Any help regarding this would be much appreciated.

#stm32
1 REPLY 1
Posted on October 28, 2015 at 13:55

Hi lieber.sommer,

Once the master board and slave one are flashed separately and all connections between them are done. You connect both boards to the PC and once the user bottom of the master board is pressed the transmission begins.

As indicated in the readme.txt, the transfer status is shown by LEDs3/4/5/6.

Hope this explanation help.

-Shahrzad-