cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link don't want to read a MCU under Windows 10

dimchik_b
Associate II
Posted on August 19, 2017 at 20:48

An ST-Link (from Nucleo-64) don't want to read an STM32F030RCT6 under Windows 10 (64 bit) with a message 'Can not connect to the target'. The most interesting thing is it reads an another same board already programmed. But this doesn't mean the clear board is broken: it could be read with the same programmer but another computer with Windows 7 (32 bit). With that computer, both boards communicate with the ST-Link. STM32 ST-Link Utility, STLinkUSBDriver, and ST-Link_CLI versions are same on both computers. So I couldn't understand what to do and what I have to change?

#st-link #windows10
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 19, 2017 at 22:44

They have the same ST-LINK firmware? Try updating that to current.

Check also 'Connect under reset' settings, or perhaps pull the BOOT0 pin high on the problem device.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dimchik_b
Associate II
Posted on August 20, 2017 at 01:01

I used one ST-Link and board on both computers. And, of course, I've updated everything I could update. I've tried to connect under reset and all other possible modes. And only after that, I wrote the previous message. At Monday I'm going to check every signal with an oscilloscope. 

dimchik_b
Associate II
Posted on August 21, 2017 at 17:54

I've checked signals with an oscilloscope. It seems a port responsible for NRST signal is burned out. Sometimes access to an MCU is successful, sometimes not, but a shape of the NRST is far from normal.

0690X00000607ygQAA.png

By the way, how to say in English that a chip is broken but not fully like in this case?