Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with starting a debuging session

dooz
Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2015 at 14:52

Hello,

I came across a problem which is about starting a debbuging seession on my System Workbench for stm32 (system Win7 x64). When I'm trying to debug my source code an information appears:

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: Connection timed out.

localhost:3333: Connection timed out. I found a similar problem in

http://sourceforge.net/p/gnuarmeclipse/support-requests/48/

but unfortunatelly I don't understand the solution these guys described. The funny thing is that I've been debbuging my STM32F3 discovery module normally until yesterday (for 2 weeks) and then everything broke I wonder why.

The reason can't be that I updated my Intel Drivers and it messed with my STM workbench configuration can it? Please help me in this matter.

Regards

Dominik O.
6 REPLIES 6
dooz
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2015 at 10:19

Hello again,

I tried fixing the problem by deleting my project configuration, uploading cube conf. again, refreshing, cleaning then building and now the output of the console is:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0-dev-00415-g2d4ae3f-dirty (2015-04-22-11:10)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Info : auto-selecting first available session transport ''hla_swd''. To override use 'transport select <transport>'.

adapter speed: 1000 kHz

adapter_nsrst_delay: 100

Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD

none separate

srst_only separate srst_nogate srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst

Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz

Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz

Info : clock speed 950 kHz

Error: read version failed

in procedure 'init'

in procedure 'ocd_bouncer'

So there is still a problem with my debugger. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Dominik O.

dooz
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2015 at 10:58

A friend told me that one thing might work. After I started my debugging I was pressing the reset button, and when it jumped to the debugger window I stopped pressing the button and surprisingly the project is running properly now. After this occurence I dont have to do such a magic again, everything is working fine now. Enyone knows why?

Best regards

Dominik O.

LMI2
Lead
Posted on July 30, 2015 at 23:22

Hi

I have a similar problem with a F100RBT discovery board and STM32 ST-LINK Utility. It works well with Discovery demo programs but needs this trick with Cube projects. I have not got any explanation to this from these forums.

Posted on August 07, 2015 at 11:24

Hi oziom.dominik,

This error is due to pendings debug sessions. You launched a new debug session without terminating last one. To resolve this problem follow these steps:

click Window->Open Perspective->Other->Debug, in the Debug view click verify that all debug session are off (equivalent to terminate).

Otherwise open ocd is responsible of resetting the board. So, be sure that in Debug Configuration->Start up, Halt is chacked and ''monitor reset halt'' is written.

0690X00000603SqQAI.jpg

And the dedicated forum for these issues is

http://www.openstm32.org/forum7

-Shahrzad-

Posted on August 07, 2015 at 12:10

Hi mich.lei,

Maybe you opened Demos with Keil or IAR in first time.

Unfortunately the open cd of SW4STM32 does not support ST-Link/V1 supported by F100RBT discovery board. 

For any other information related to SW4STM32, please post your question in 

http://www.openstm32.org/forum7

-Shahrzad- 

LMI2
Lead
Posted on August 07, 2015 at 15:33

Hi shahrzad. Thank you for the answer.

Your link goes to the Open STM32 page, but I have not used it (yet). I use a Keil Demo mostly. Projects I take either from Discovery F100RBT page and from the STM32CubeMX tool.

It strongly looks like the Cube does not support the Discovery F100RBT fully.

Leif