cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F3 programming flash writing (missing function)

dooz
Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2015 at 15:09

Hello,

Recently I've been trying to configure writing to flash memory in STM32F3 discovery.

I'm using STM32CubeMX and System Workbench for STM32.

I've read many guides how to do it and example codes so I guess I already have some idea how it should work.

However everywhere I look and read, people are using prepared functions like FLASH_Unlock()  Lock() etc.

Almost the same functions are in HAL library which I'm trying to use but I'm missing one.

It is:     FLASH_ClearFlag(...)

My question is: does HAL libraries contain a substitute for that function (which I unfortunatelly can't find) or I just have to include a certain library to my project and if so, then what library?

Regards

Dominik O.
3 REPLIES 3
dooz
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2015 at 12:38

Hello again,

I still don't know about this flag function but I managed to programm flash memory using options bytes functions. If anyone wants to learn how to get access to flash memory in STM32F3 just check this

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1743/LN1897/PF260613?icmp=pf260613_pron_pr_jan2015&sc=stm32cubef3-pr2

.  There are many examples to various modules or devices attached to F3 discovery board and not only this one.

Regards

Dominik O.

Posted on August 05, 2015 at 17:10

Hi oziom.dominik,

__HAL_FLASH_CLEAR_FLAG(__FLAG__) is the equivalent function of 

FLASH_ClearFlag(...) in HAL library.

-Shahrzad- 

dooz
Associate II
Posted on August 06, 2015 at 15:27

Thanks for the answer shahrzad. I didn't know that there are also Hall functions starting with a double floor. Now it will be much easier to find what I want 🙂