cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 DISCO : Demo not finding any audio/video files ?

lschulze9
Associate II
Posted on July 31, 2015 at 14:05

Was anyone succesful in playing audio or video files with the demo sw ? My demo sw could not find any file on USB or SDcard.

I tried both USB-Ports ( but not the USB-Debugger port ) with different adapter cables included one from an other ST Eva-Kit. The files on SDcard and USB Memory stick are the same. Most of the files are from the other ST-Eva-Kit. I added more files of every type (mp3, wav, flv, mp4, emf) I can think of.

In file select menu you can select between two ''drives'' ( ''0'' and ''1''). What is drive ''0'' and what is drive ''1'' ? USB HS and FS or USB (HS/FS?) and SDcard or ???

Or do I need a special directory tree on the drives ?

Or a special file system (FAT16/32 or ???)

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
lschulze9
Associate II
Posted on August 20, 2015 at 16:07

OK, here is some update :

If I load the hex file from ''stm32cubef7.zip\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstration\Binaries'' the software finds the audio files on USB Memory on CN12.

If I compile and load the sources from ''stm32cubef7.zip\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstration\MDK-ARM'' with my Keil MDK-ARM a warning is shown :

..\..\..\..\Middlewares\Third_Party\LwIP\system\OS\sys_arch.c(399): warning:  #167-D: argument of type ''signed char *'' is incompatible with parameter of type ''const char *const'' (But this belongs to IP stuff... maybe...)

And no files are found on USB memory.

Compilation of ''stm32cubef7.zip\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\Audio\...'' gives no errors or warnings. But software goes into endless loop displaying

''initialized filesystem''

''no wave files found''

I think, there is something wrong with the USB sources, but that is to high for me at this moment.
thomfischer
Senior
Posted on August 20, 2015 at 20:26

there was a post

''STMF327-DISCO and ''MSC_Standalone'' example don't work (Bug in USBH MSC lib v3.2.1)?''

could not find it at the moment, search engine seems to have problems

there is a bug in

Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.1.0\Middlewares\ST\STM32_USB_Host_Library\Class\MSC\Src\usbh_msc.c

line 446

change

if((phost->Timer - MSC_Handle->timer) > 10000)

to

if((phost->Timer - MSC_Handle->timer) < 10000)

lschulze9
Associate II
Posted on August 22, 2015 at 10:25

@ thomas.004

Thank you very much for your solution ! Now the demo is working !!

Time to go on...  🙂
Le Yan CHIN
Associate
Posted on September 21, 2015 at 05:08

The stock STM32F7 discovery can play WAV from SUB flas drive (label ''1''). If you wish to play MP3/4 you need to have the codec library and I thinks its not installed on it.

l239955_stm1_st
Associate
Posted on September 25, 2015 at 14:39

@chin.le_yan

Not playing MP3 was not the problem.

The  binaries from ''stm32cubef7.zip'' were playing the wav-files. But the own compiled sources from''stm32cubef7.zip'' showed no files.

The problem was the bug in ''STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.1.0\Middlewares\ST\STM32_USB_Host_Library\Class\MSC\Src\usbh_msc.c''