cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX for F0 has no GPIO settings

dale
Associate III
Posted on May 12, 2017 at 02:33

Using recently updated (app and all libraries) CubeMX v4.21.0 on Windows 10, I create a new project for the NUCLEO-32 (STM32F042K6T6) board, but there are no settings for configuring the GPIO pins.

When I go to the 'Configuration' tab, the GPIO section is highlighted in yellow and gives the following warning when I hover the mouse pointer over the 'GPIO' button:

'Warning:  Some signals are not used in any IP's mode.  However, you can still generate code.'

Am I missing something obvious?

Please see attached screen captures.  Also, I'm still disappointed that the latest updates to not address the 'tiny icon' problem on UHD-4K screens.

Thank you for any insight into my present difficulty.

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cyril FENARD
ST Employee
Posted on September 12, 2017 at 14:13

Hi

Wheat.Dale

‌,

Whenever CubeMx projet is created at first, depending on predefined configuration files in internal database of CubeMx tool, some pins a pre-configured for possible IP usage.

If these pins are not affected to a 'Peripheral' mode of the 'Pinout' tab of UI, it brings the warning in the 'Configuration' tab of the UI.

If you don't plan to use the pin at all, just simply select default value for the pin in the contextual checkbox; since the 'Peripheral' mode is not used, there will be not need of configuration at all for the pin and the warning is going to disappear in the 'Configuration' tab of the UI.

Hopping it clarifies the behavior of the tool.

Regards

Cyril

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 12, 2017 at 16:18

Hi

Wheat.Dale

‌,

I checked that there is the same behavior with previous CubeMX version.

I reported the GPIO related warning to our MX team in order to take it into consideration and avoid confusion (with a reminder for

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkfPjSAJ

).

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Cyril FENARD
ST Employee
Posted on September 12, 2017 at 14:13

Hi

Wheat.Dale

‌,

Whenever CubeMx projet is created at first, depending on predefined configuration files in internal database of CubeMx tool, some pins a pre-configured for possible IP usage.

If these pins are not affected to a 'Peripheral' mode of the 'Pinout' tab of UI, it brings the warning in the 'Configuration' tab of the UI.

If you don't plan to use the pin at all, just simply select default value for the pin in the contextual checkbox; since the 'Peripheral' mode is not used, there will be not need of configuration at all for the pin and the warning is going to disappear in the 'Configuration' tab of the UI.

Hopping it clarifies the behavior of the tool.

Regards

Cyril

Posted on September 12, 2017 at 18:12

Cyril,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed explanation. I did not

understand how the CubeMX software worked when I posted this question.

Your help is appreciated. I'm using the software on an almost daily basis

and am learning new things about it at every turn.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you,

Dale Wheat

http://dalewheat.com

(330) 732-5307

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 7:14 AM, Cyril FENARD <