cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX on UHD (4K) display - clock configuration diagram too small to see

dale
Associate III
Posted on December 24, 2016 at 21:51

Using STM32CubeMX version 4.18.0 on Windows 10 Pro (build 1607) with an UHD (4K) display results in tiny toolbar icons and a very tiny Clock Configuration diagram.  Please see attached screen capture image.  Not that this application window is not maximized.

Is there any way to scale these images within the STM32CubeMX application so that I can see them with human eyes?

Additionally, the screen looks the same even when I drag the STM32CubeMX application to a different, lower-resolution monitor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

#stm32cubemx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Teemu Ikonen
Associate II
Posted on September 16, 2017 at 20:06

This is my workaround on a Windows 10 laptop.

1. Right click STM32CubeMX launcher on the desktop and select Properties
  2. Open 'Compatibility' tab
  3. Check ''Override high DPI scaling behavior'
  4. Select 'System' from the combobox and click OK.

Now CubeMX should be lot more readable on a high resolution display.

0690X00000608G7QAI.png

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on December 25, 2016 at 11:22

Dear

Wheat.Dale

‌,

I will reportyour issue to our CubeMx teamfor checking and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your contribution.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
dale
Associate III
Posted on December 25, 2016 at 12:55

Imen,

Thank you.  Do please let me know if you have an update on this issue.

Dale

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 12:02

Dear Dale,

Have you used the zoom in feature? (available from the toolbar).

Doesn't it help?

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 16:01

STM32Cube-T:  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

The zoom function from the tool bar does help with viewing the Clock Configuration diagram, but it does not help with the microscopic tool bar icons themselves.  Just finding the 'Zoom' icon is quite tedious, almost impossible.

Helio Mendonca
Associate
Posted on February 06, 2017 at 22:19

I hope this issue can be solved soon, because on 4k resolution sreens (like in my new laptop) the font and icon sizes are unreadable!!!

It seems that STM32CubeMX do not follow Windows? design schemes where up scaling is a must.

Regards,

Helio Mendonca

0690X000006069dQAA.png
amir oruji
Associate
Posted on March 05, 2017 at 09:44

Hi

I have this problem too.

please help to fix this.

Alex Whittemore
Associate
Posted on May 31, 2017 at 18:46

I'd like to just toss my hat in the ring that high density display support is important.

Posted on June 01, 2017 at 00:54

The scaling on CubeMX is awful, I'm really not sure why this is taking so long to fix or address. You really need someone to take ownership of the User Interface so the experience makes sense across a realistic range of platforms and displays. This means displays of assorted resolutions and aspect ratios.

Even on regular displays the initial size, scaling and fonts frequently seem non-optimal.

You can't build software that expects everyone to have a 1920x1080 display (or frankly any hard definition), when building consumer applications you have to build things that work on the hugely wide variations that the PC and MAC marketspace allows for. If this means part of the team needs a cross section of displays, and a focus of usability, then so be it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on June 01, 2017 at 01:32

They look large on a 65' UHD panel....

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..