Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-MS simultaneously Master&Slave

sbertuletti
Associate II
Posted on July 21, 2015 at 11:00

Hello, i'm using aBlueNRG-MS module.

I have a problem with this module. I can use it as Master and Slave, but i can't use it as Master&Slave simultaneously. Because after i create a connection with a slave module i can't make the Master discoverable.

what can i do? is there an example of using the BlueNRG as Master&Slave simultaneously ?

Thanks!

Stefano

#bluenrg-master&slave
13 REPLIES 13
Posted on July 21, 2015 at 11:37

Hi Stefano,

At the following link

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF261924

you can download BlueNRG GUI DK, under folder ''...\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG DK 1.7.1\Application\scripts\BlueNRG-MS_Simultaneous_Master_Slave_mode''  you can find three scripts that permits to emulate a Device as slave, one as Master&Slave and another as Master. For further information, please see documentation.

By the end of this week, we'll publish a newer version. Anyway, now you can download the current version and after reinstall the newer.

Regards,

Graziella Marchese

sbertuletti
Associate II
Posted on July 21, 2015 at 12:33

Thanks for reply. The examples are available only in pyton or there are samples in c.

Thanks

Stefano

Posted on July 21, 2015 at 12:53

Hi Stefano,

The scripts are written only in python.

In C you can find some examples (IAR project) as Chat, beacon, sensor demo and so on.

Regards,

GM

renaud2
Associate
Posted on December 01, 2015 at 15:36

Hi Stefano

I'm facing to the same problem.

Did you find a solution ?

Renaud

sbertuletti
Associate II
Posted on December 09, 2015 at 15:20

unfortunately not yet

Posted on January 13, 2016 at 12:52

Dear Custoerms,

Have you resolved?

If no, please tell us:

- your scenario/ sequence of command

- what/where fail occurs

- etcc..

regards,

GM

kukushonok
Associate II
Posted on January 28, 2016 at 15:12

Dear GM

I have faced with the same problems...

So, I want to use module in master/slave mode simultaneously, but

when I am trying to run aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc

when master already connected to module function returns error = 0x82

Can I search devices in master mode if I have already connected to master  in slave mode?

Regards,

Andrei Kukenov

kukushonok
Associate II
Posted on January 29, 2016 at 11:47

Dear Support

I finnay managed to connect one slave in master mode and establish connect in slave mode...

But after a few seconds connection is lost, moreover when I try to update characteristic value function retuns error code = 0x64 (BLE_STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES), although I update it just once per second.

Also immediately after connection with slave I have got vendor event with ecode = 0x407, can you explain, what is this event?

Regards,

Andrei Kukenov

lucaleonardi.919
Associate II
Posted on February 05, 2016 at 12:04

Hi,

I have faced with the same problems: I want to use module in master/slave mode simultaneously, but when I trying to run aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc 

when device already connected to module function returns error = 0x85

Can I search devices in master mode if I have already connected to master  in slave mode?

I need to have some device that alternately can receive (or send) advertisement to discovery new device and connect with them and send information to the devices with it is already connected.

What can I do?