Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB High Speed on STMF7 Series

matic
Associate III
Posted on April 06, 2017 at 21:55

Hi there,

I want to start using USB High Speed communication on STM32F769 Discovery board.

Till now (with the different parts) I used a USB Full Speed interface. There, I simply connect to a Virtual COM Port (let say from Terminal, Matlab, Python, etc.) and communicate via fprintf, fscanf, fwrite, fread functions which are sending/receiving separate bytes.

Now, I would like to ask how should I connect to the 

STM32F769 Discovery board, if I implement USB High Speed? Perhaps, it is not that simple as with USB Full Speed. Do I need any other drivers for Windows? How is then read/write operation performed from a Windows application (let say from Matlab, Python,...).

Any suggestion is desirable.

Many thanks.

#usb-hs #use-stm32f769-discovery-board
1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on April 13, 2017 at 15:18

Hi

Obid.Matic

Why don't you start from a ready to use example? In the STM32CubeF7 package, there are already examples using USB HS:

• STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.6.0\Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device
  • STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.6.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Applications\USB_Device\MSC_Standalone

For each example, you find a readme file providing more details on how to use it.

Please note that you have to select the workspace 'STM32F769I-EVAL_USBD-HS' when you try an example with the EVAL board.

For these ones, you need to comment any BSP related code to be tested successfully with discovery board.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.