Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HardFault with USB CDC ??

matic
Associate III
Posted on July 21, 2016 at 20:32

Hi.

When I send data out via USB, the program goes to HardFault. I found out that this happens when the function below is executed:

USBD_StatusTypeDef USBD_LL_SOF(USBD_HandleTypeDef *pdev)
{
if(pdev->dev_state == USBD_STATE_CONFIGURED)
{
if(pdev->pClass->SOF != NULL)
{
pdev->pClass->SOF(pdev);
}
}
return USBD_OK;
}

This function is defined in usbd_core.c file. Has anyone an idea what could go wrong here? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on July 21, 2016 at 21:10

Wouldn't it suggest thatpdev->pClass is NULL or at an inaccessible memory location? Or perhaps thatpdev->pClass->SOF isn't valid?

USBD_StatusTypeDef USBD_LL_SOF(USBD_HandleTypeDef *pdev)
{
if(pdev->dev_state == USBD_STATE_CONFIGURED)
{
if((pdev->pClass != NULL) && (pdev->pClass->SOF != NULL))
{
pdev->pClass->SOF(pdev);
}
}
return USBD_OK;
}

What does the Hard Fault state of the processor suggest is the problem?
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
matic
Associate III
Posted on July 22, 2016 at 07:51

Hi Clive.

When Fault occurs. IBUSERR bit is set in CFSR register. The fault occurs when this

pdev->pClass->SOF(pdev);

is executed. The SOF is not NULL at that moment. If you look to the attached picture, you can see the exact instruction where it faults. This is when BLX is executed.

Attachments :

Capture.JPG : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtlX&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aWe%2FeEM7N61haXZXhzL3Qn7iw.gdKFfxUKXICAa3M7cflhw&asPdf=false
Posted on July 22, 2016 at 13:19

This really doesn't show the salient registers at the faulting instruction.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..