Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link V2 error No target connected

yafisdamda
Associate II
Posted on July 24, 2015 at 16:37

Hello everyone.

I am using a custom board with STM32F030C8 on it and ST-Link V2 for programming and debugging on keil MDK v5.14.

It worked fine and i was able to burn and debug the firmware. Yesterday i programmed an example from STM32 standard peripheral library, i was successful to program the controller first time. But the next time i try to flash the code, it throws an error ''No target connected''. I dont know but somehow it bricked the controller. The same thing happened with the other perfectly working board. And now i have 2 bricked boards.

Is there any way i can find out if the controller is working?

Because i am not able to detect it using keil or STlink visual programmer.

I am very new to STM microcontrollers...Somebody plz help...

#stm32
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 24, 2015 at 16:51

Change the ''connect under reset'' setting, or pull BOOT[0] high and reset, then Erase your code (ST-LINK Utilities), and look very carefully at what you're doing. Look especially if you are reprogramming the GPIO pins used for the debug interface, or putting the device into a low power mode (WFI, etc)

I'm honestly not sure these kinds of things wouldn't show up in a Google search because it's an awfully repetitive topic.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
yafisdamda
Associate II
Posted on July 25, 2015 at 09:18

Hey..!!Thanks for the head start..!!:-)

The ''connect under Reset'' didnt help....it is not able to detect the target..it says cannot connect to target..!!!

I will try the other way...pulling the boot0 pin high and reset the chip..!!

will keep updating..!!!

Thanks!!

yafisdamda
Associate II
Posted on July 25, 2015 at 13:27

hey pulling BOOT0 high is not working..!!!

I guess i am doing some mistake....i am connecting 3.3V from an external source...and then resetting the board..!!It is not going to Bootloader mode...the ST-Link utility says target not connected...!!!

Any other way around for this??

tuta
Associate

I have tried many ways but all failed. i bought a new ST-LINK and then it worked well