golson8436
Associate
Posted on August 19, 2015 at 12:59

was running The Low Power FreeRTOS example on a STM32F446 Eval board

(Cortex M4)

. The operation of the

example is to 

This example creates two threads.

+ A Rx thread that blocks on a queue to wait for data, blinking LED each time data is received (turning it on and then off again) before returning to block on the queue once more.

+ A Tx thread that repeatedly enters the Blocked state for 500ms. On exiting the blocked state the Tx thread sends a value through the queue to the Rx thread (causing the Rx thread to exit the blocked state and blink the LED).

Blocking for a finite period allows the kernel to stop the tick interrupt

and place the STM32 into sleep mode.

In this example, not used GPIO's are configured to analog, this help to reduce

the power consumption of the device

--------------------------------------------------------------

However after I started the program. I get SWD communication failure on the ULINK2.

How can I recover from this? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
thecrocodial
Associate II
Posted on August 19, 2015 at 13:05

have you tried ''connect under reset'' mode? (stm32 st-link utility / target / settings / mode ) 

Posted on August 19, 2015 at 14:33

If the ''connect under reset'' mode doesn't work you can pull BOOT0 high and recover that way.

Be careful you don't reprogram the SWD/JTAG pins as that will break connectivity.

Check the settings for WFI/DBGMCU so it doesn't power-down or disconnect the debugger, or consider other methods to debug/diagnose behaviour.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
golson8436
Associate
Posted on August 20, 2015 at 00:41

Thanks for all of the help.

There is no debug.ini file that comes with the project. But the Debug Settings :

Connect: Under Reset

Reset: Autodetect

Checked Reset after connect

did work without any problem.