Did you mean: 

Ways to send AT Commands

Nandy K
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2016 at 16:24

Hi,

Now I am sending AT Commands  in two ways

1. through Tera Term 

2. through UART ( Wifi Module Connected to my MCU via UART )

Is there any other way to send AT commands ?

Is it possible to send AT commands on air ???

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on February 11, 2016 at 08:12

Hi Kumar,

using internal webserver, you can remotely execute some actions (like a local AT command from UART). But not all of them.

There is no way to send AT commands OTA. You can however open a socket server, use external MCU to parse received string, detect kind of required action, and issue related AT command. Should work easily.

jerry

Nandy K
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2016 at 08:44

Hi Jerry !

I am really sorry because I couldn't follow you :( 

What you mean using external MCU ?

my doubt is how to open the socket server at the first instance without the help of tera term ?

at present I am opening the socket server using  tera term by sending the command ''AT+S.SOCKD=8825'' now the port 8825 is opened and ready to listen.

Is there any other way to send this command ?

Posted on February 11, 2016 at 08:53

Teraterm or MCU act at the same way. The only difference is that (using teraterm) you act like an MCU.

If you want to perform a scan, for example, send ''*123#'' from the remote. You (or the MCU) parse the string, and associate ''*123#'' to an action (the scan, in this case). Now, switch back to command mode, and issue the ''AT+S.SCAN'' command. Collect the result in a buffer, switch to data mode, and send back that buffer to remote.

Module was designed to be used together with an MCU. Human interaction (teraterm) is only good for evaluation purpose. In a real scenario, MCU perform the job.