Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART Receive

Nandy K
Associate II
Posted on October 03, 2015 at 10:31

Hi

I am using STM32F746NG - MCU. 

I am using UART communication in DMA mode.

I would like to know how I can receive a data and store it in a buffer ?

I would like to see the data I am receiving.

I am very new to this programming and I need all your guidance.. 🙂

#chalk-and-cheese
9 REPLIES 9
LMI2
Lead
Posted on October 03, 2015 at 13:53

Do you know about Arduino boards and libraries. With them it is easy and quick to start using processors. Arduino forum is good place to ask questions like yours.

https://www.arduino.cc/

Posted on October 03, 2015 at 18:56

He's using a Cortex-M7, I think that's in a whole other universe compared to Arduino

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LMI2
Lead
Posted on October 04, 2015 at 18:03

Sure, but in the Arduino forum, his and others like him, questions are answered.

No one has answered here.

Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2015 6:56 PM

Subject: UART Receive

He's using a Cortex-M7, I think that's in a whole other universe compared to Arduino

Nandy K
Associate II
Posted on October 05, 2015 at 08:45

I totally agree with clive but I also posted in aurdino forum still no response.

anyways thanks mich for the suggestion.

Just one question, why there is no reply here ? is it a stupid question or what?

Posted on October 05, 2015 at 15:03

Just one question, why there is no reply here ? is it a stupid question or what?

It's indicative of the number of STM32F7 users here willing to offer support.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
robert239955_st
Associate II
Posted on October 06, 2015 at 14:49

As well as the STM32F7 using the HAL library which this forum seems to be opposed to.

The UART RX functions in the HAL are written to accommodate known length strings,

If you format all messages to a certain length then the HAL lib will do fine.

Your questions are also very vague, you want to see received messages?

Are we to assume you are using the STM32F7 discovery board?

If so you will need to draw them to the screen. 

You'd be better off dividing your post up into separate topics, 

use here to get your usart functioning and another thread to do acsii to graphics conversion. 

Give examples of where you think you are going wrong.

Check the firmware supplied with the stm32f7 for useful examples.

Look up DM00210367, it describes where you can find the examples and 

if the are compatible with your board.

Posted on October 06, 2015 at 15:32

As well as the STM32F7 using the HAL library which this forum seems to be opposed to.

It's composed of individuals with opinions, if someone wants to evangelize and support the HAL they are free to do so, nobody here is erecting any barriers to that. ST could also step up and provide the level of support HAL users need/expect. Most of the HAL support team are on other sub forums here.

Nandy K
Associate II
Posted on October 06, 2015 at 16:25

yes I am using  Discovery Board. 

What I would like to do in my project is

1. I need to connect my Disco board with another Board(WiFi- SPWF01SC) via UART

2. when Disco receives a string 'how are you' from the WiFi board, the disco should reply

'I am fine ' .

3. so I want to compare the string ' how are you ' with the string that is received on the Disco. If both are equal then I need to transmit ' I am fine' which will be predefined.

Nandy K
Associate II
Posted on October 06, 2015 at 16:27

You guys (Quiggers & Clive)are right , i will try to split and  post it in the subgroups