Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a consistent HAL function documentation for STM32F2 series

eg7963
Associate III
Posted on July 29, 2015 at 15:56

Hi there,

I have been looking for a documentation about the STM32F2XXXX Family concerning the HAL driver.

I downloaded the package concerning the examples and tutorials named STM32Cube_FW_F2_V1.1.0 or so but the documentation folder is desperatly empty.

I'm alooking for an equivalent to the STM32F4 documentation , called UM1725 ,  but there is nothing like that for the F2 series available that i could find.

I used to work with STM8s microcontrollers where there was also a STM8S Standard Perpheral Library help ( windows style help with search index and content table).

Is there anything similar with the STM32F2 series, where the HAL functions are described and explaned?

Thanks for the help.

Eric

#stm32f2-hal-driver-documentation
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 29, 2015 at 16:11

The F2 and F4 are extremely similar in their peripheral function. Do you have some specific area of concern where they don't overlap?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
eg7963
Associate III
Posted on July 30, 2015 at 09:23

Hi Clive,

Thanks for the answer. I believe that you 'are right and that the F2 and F4 families of product might be quite similar ( I dont plan to use any exotic kind of peripheral anyway, just the usual Timer in PWM mode with dead time, DMA, ADC and bxCAN peripheral).

I believe that i will have no other choice than using the F4 documentation to find out details about F2 HAL functions anyway. I'm more worried that there could still be noticable differences between the HAL driver of the 2 families ( I know from experience that things that seem similar are not always working the same way and lost enough time figuring it out in the past).

thanks for the help anyway.

Posted on October 23, 2015 at 13:20

Hi go.eric,

Under the new STM32CubeF2 V1.2.0 firmware package, you can find the new ''Getting started'' 

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00111485.pdf

documentation, also the ''Description of STMF2xx HAL drivers''

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00223149.pdf

🙂

-Shahrzad-

Hi Clive,

Thanks for the answer. I believe that you 'are right and that the F2 and F4 families of product might be quite similar ( I dont plan to use any exotic kind of peripheral anyway, just the usual Timer in PWM mode with dead time, DMA, ADC and bxCAN peripheral).

I believe that i will have no other choice than using the F4 documentation to find out details about F2 HAL functions anyway. I'm more worried that there could still be noticable differences between the HAL driver of the 2 families ( I know from experience that things that seem similar are not always working the same way and lost enough time figuring it out in the past).

thanks for the help anyway.

qwer.asdf
Senior
Posted on October 23, 2015 at 14:17

Thank you.

Can I suggest to add the documentation release date alongside with its version in the PDF documents tables, like the one in this page

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF260266

. Otherwise my current way of updating my documents is just re-downloading them all monthly, because it's faster than manually checking the versions of my documents, compare it with the current, and decide whether I should download it.

If there were dates, I would re-download only the ones released this month, and leave the older ones.