Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 OTG FS rxFiFO DFifo

ivan_massa
Associate
Posted on July 31, 2015 at 14:36

Hello,

i am new to arm programming. I'd like to create a usb stack with STM32f4. Now i am working on a Stm32F4 Discovery kit.

I read the reference guide regarding the OTG FS in device mode but i still can't understand how Rx FIFO and DFIFO are related, and How to read data from it.

For example, for EP0 what is the procedure to get a SETUP  packet data? after reading the POP register should i always read at DFIFO at address 0x1000 ?

Please help me

#otg #stm32f4 #usb #fs
2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on August 03, 2015 at 17:38

Hi massarenti.ivan,

I read the reference guide regarding the OTG FS in device mode

Do you mean the RM0090?

If you referred to another document, have a look to RM0090 (chapter USB on-the-go full-speed).

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ivan_massa
Associate
Posted on August 05, 2015 at 09:52

thank you for your response Mayla,

yes i looked in RM0090 document but i can't understand how communication works and how to write in FIFO. Should I always write in 0x1000 in order to send pckets??

Now when i debug the project i'm developing, I receive a GetDescriptor packets, then a SetAddress packet and the host continues to send me GetDescriptor packet again and again, always device descriptor....