Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install DFU driver on Win7 failed

dqyang
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 04:28

Hi guys,

I wanted to test DFU function with my STM32F401 board, and my Win7 has installed DfuSe V3.0.4. After I plug USB to PC, it shows the driver is not corrected, so DfuSe can't recognized the USB device.

I searched the forum but havn't find a solution, can anyone give some advices? thank you very much!

Daniel

Hi guys,

I wanted to test DFU function with my STM32F401 board, and my Win7 has installed DfuSe V3.0.4. After I plug USB to PC, it shows the driver is not corrected, so DfuSe can't recognized the USB device.

I searched the forum but havn't find a solution, can anyone give some advices? thank you very much!

Daniel

Hi guys,

Daniel
13 REPLIES 13
dqyang
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 04:41

You can find the screen shot here:

0690X0000060340QAA.jpg

Posted on August 11, 2015 at 04:41

Have you tried with a STM32F4-DISCO board? Did that work?

You have BOOT0 pulled High? You have an 8 MHz HSE crystal?

The board otherwise works and you can connect with SWD debugger, and tested code?

Does the USB work with a VCP or MSC example?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dqyang
Associate II
Posted on August 12, 2015 at 04:07

Hi Clivel,

I don't have DISCO board, only have STM32F401 Discovery board.

I checked, Boot0 is low, and it has 8MHz crystal.

and it can use SWD debugger.

Posted on August 12, 2015 at 05:57

Ok, so I'll assume this is not the System Loader's DFU implementation then, but rather your own?

If you built the code you should be in a position to debug it, and review the clocks and descriptors.

Could you perhaps try the System Loader's implementation and confirm if that works? Again this would reinforce where the problem actually lays.

dqyang
Associate II
Posted on August 13, 2015 at 14:38

Thank you Clivel!

I did use my own DFU code, and runs in user flash.

Today I tried system bootloader:

I set BOOT0 as 1, BOOT1 as 0 and connected to PC, it can show''STM32 Bootloader'', however, it still can't find the driver:-(

Posted on August 13, 2015 at 18:10

Do you have any settings/policies in your Win7 install that might preclude the loading of drivers, or expect them to be signed etc? Are you an Administrator on the machine? Do you have IT people responsible for the machine?

Having installed the DFU software, there should be a driver directory, run the explicit installer if you need too.

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\DfuSe\Driver

Does Windows provide a specific error? Or just that it can't/won't load the driver?

dqyang
Associate II
Posted on August 14, 2015 at 09:47

Hi Clivel,

Thank you very much!!

It'm my computer's problem. I used another PC just now, and successfully upgraded my board through system DFU bootloader now:-)

Sylvain Schroeders
Associate II
Posted on May 03, 2017 at 17:03

Dear All,

I've exactly the same problem. New PC with Win 7, the board is not recognized by DFUSe 3.0.5.

The device manage shows the same problematic icon with exclamation point.

Other PC on Win 10 hasn't that issue.

I tried with anothe Win 7 PC and the problem is the same.

Would you have a corrected driver for Win 7 ?

Thx,
Posted on December 05, 2017 at 12:49

Help please !!