cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 Discovery Board STemWin examples

samuelpeterdelaney
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2015 at 22:32

I've tried compiling the included ticker example with the STemWin_HelloWorld project included in STM32CubeF7. Functionally, it works OK but the draws seem to be corrupted.

Take a look at the video I've uploaded onto YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAW7S1B2xCI

I suspect it as something to do with the configuration of the memory but I cannot be sure. This was compiled using SW4STM32.

#stm32f7
5 REPLIES 5
fjahn9
Associate II
Posted on September 30, 2015 at 23:07

Hi,

i think it belongs to M7 data cache. In my board i got something similar. Try to switch of Data cache. If it helps, you can use MPU to avoid caching the StemWin ram region.

Sorry for my english

Regards Falko 

vikas
Associate
Posted on October 01, 2015 at 02:05

had exactly the same issue running the same with sw4stm32 a few days ago but I couldn't get to the bottom of it. Also if the STemWin helloworld app is run Ok but when you add a window or widget things get very messy (GUI builder used, substituting the output with the demo code as suggested). didn't have much luck with the other demo's that are pointed to in the readme either from emWin. Transplanting into the helloworld app often ends in a mess of a display.

Trying to integrate StemWin into a CubeMx project but having followed the instruction best as possible, still struggling and a black display :(  Would have been great to have STemWin as a middleware selection in CubeMX to make life easy there.
thomfischer
Senior
Posted on October 01, 2015 at 22:26

try

in file GUIConf.c

comment out line 67

// U32 aMemory[GUI_NUMBYTES / 4];

change

void GUI_X_Config(void)

{

//

// Assign memory to STemWin

//

static U32 *aMemory;

aMemory=(U32*)0xc0000000;//as GUI's RAM buffer

GUI_ALLOC_AssignMemory(aMemory, GUI_NUMBYTES);

}

samuelpeterdelaney
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2015 at 22:29

Did the trick!

Just commented out the line:

CPU_CACHE_Enable();

Thank you Falko!
dietmann
Associate
Posted on December 10, 2015 at 12:42

Sam, is it possible to obtain your demo-project / source files for Cube & STM32F7 ?