Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to setup for new MCU in I-CUBE-LRWAN

hjh
Associate III
Posted on April 02, 2018 at 22:28

HI

In I-CUBE-LRWAN it says that it is very easy to port to others mcu.

Do anyone have a description how to setup a new MCU exsample STM32F303CCT6 ?

1 .   If i make a cubemx project ..Which file to copy to the project and which to modify ?

2.    If i make new files in a  

I-CUBE-LRWAN exsample .. Which new files to make and which to change ?

i think that i have to make these 2 files but want somebody from ST to verify ..

0690X00000604XrQAI.jpg

Thanks and best regards

Hjalmar 

http://www.iot

byskovholm.dk
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on April 02, 2018 at 22:59

>>

want somebody from ST to verify ..

That's not me, but would be the FAE supporting your account.

Those files relate to the L0/SX1276 used in the Murata Module, the others tend to describe L0, L1 and L4 on the NUCLEO-64, using the SX1272 or SX1276 shields.

I've added support here for F4 and F7 platforms and a number NUCLEO-144 and DISCO boards in those and associated file above. Mainly pin mappings, USART, SPI, etc

The F3 isn't on my list of targets (brings little to my party for speed/function/low-power), though I did see some LoRaM3 and LoRaM4 boards on eBay that looked interesting, including an F303 target.

http://www.diymalls.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=106

There are a handful of .C files which need localizing for the given STM32 family along with pulling in the HAL libraries for the specific platforms.

stm32f3xx_hal_msp.c

stm32f3xx_hw.c

stm32f3xx_it.c

startup_stm32f3xx.s

stm32f3xx_hw_conf.h

stm32f3xx_it.h

your_bsp.c

your_bsp.h

You might need to make additional tweaks for HAL/STM32 specific difference in other source files where the API diverge

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 02, 2018 at 23:45

My strategy here has been to pivot on the NUCLEO-64 implementation for the new family, make that work, then the NUCLEO-144 where available, and from there to other boards within the families that support shields. I also wired up a 1W LoRa module using the same pinning as the shield.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..