cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030C6 Entering Bootloader of Virgin Device

tderensis
Associate II
Posted on August 06, 2015 at 16:46

In the STM32F0 reference manual it states that only the STM32F070x6 and STM32F030xC devices support the empty check for entering the bootloader on virgin devices. Is any way to enter the bootloader on the STM32F030C6 device without first programming the device over SWD to set the BOOT1 bit internally? Ideally, I would like to program the device over UART1 all the time.

#stm32f030c6-bootloader-uart
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 06, 2015 at 18:07

I'm pretty sure the long standing methodology here is the BOOT0 = High gets you into the System Loader vs Your Code

While I understand the options based nBOOT1 fudges things up a bit, I think factory fresh you're going to be able to get into the System Loader and use the USART programming method. It's the only rational that makes sense.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tderensis
Associate II
Posted on August 06, 2015 at 19:37

Thanks. So the nBOOT1 option bit is basically a form of protection. Out of production nBOOT1 is set to 1 and you could choose to never change it and use the BOOT0 pin to enter the bootloader. After programming you could change nBOOT1 to 0 to prevent entering the bootloader again.

tderensis
Associate II
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 21:39

Thank you for your help. I was able to program the device over RS323 straight from the factory using the BOOT pin.