cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 EVAL to DISCOVERY project conversion?

sv1eia
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 17:48

Hi,

I'm trying to see some lwip examples on the STM32F7 Discovery.

On that board, only one lwip application/example exists whereas for the EVAL board there are quite a few there covering many aspects of TCP/UDP/HTTP/etc in Cube library.

Is there a standard way to convert those EVAL application/examples to equivalents in Discovery board?

Thanks for any replies.

Christos

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 18:19

The classic way would be to review the pin/hardware differences between the two, and adapt/port the initialization/configuration code accordingly.

It's not however unreasonable to expect ST to provide an equally rich set of examples for the DISCO board, as it's built as a full feature system, and the Ethernet functionality isn't achieved through some third-party board, or user modification.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sv1eia
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 18:42

Hi Clive1

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I did give a try to the way you mentioned, yet it looks a bit difficult and time consuming since there are quite a few differences.

In my attempt I got lost in the lwip required changes and I finally gave up.

I do not know why ST ommited in  CubeF7 library the lwip Disco examples as in Eval.

Technology/Board-wise disco is absolutely capable of all of them without any addditional hw, strange!

I'm interested only in lwip examples and the LCD for now.

I know that the Disco has RMII so that should be one difference and the LCD I think is different, Disco's is 18bit Eval's 24bit.

Anyway, if there is a simple point-by-point overview guide on how to do the conversion I could give it a go.

Christos

robert239955_stm1
Associate
Posted on November 02, 2015 at 16:08

Did you have any look with this,

I'm looking for the same

Before i give this idea up for dead and try a different platform ?