Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX freezes when generating code

njansen1
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 10:26

Hi,

STMCubeMX is freezing every time I try to generate code for an STM32F429 project.  This is my first time using it, but everything so far has been pretty straightforward, and I haven't given it any crazy parameters that would seem unreasonable.

The exact steps to reproduce the problem are: Load the IOC file (pasted below).  Click Project -> Generate Code.  It will display a progress bar, and will basically stay there forever (hours, etc).  I've tried it several times, and it does the same thing every time.

I will try re-generating the project and trying that, but figured I'd post this here to see if anyone else has had the problem, and to see if anyone here could re-create the problem.  

Here's my 'STMF429ZETx.ioc' file:

http://pastebin.com/8hR9gveS

And an image of the app, in its frozen state:

http://imgur.com/pOawxyl

Oh, my OS platform is Windows 8 on a pretty standard Lenovo laptop.  My Java JRE version is 8.0.51.16.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 11:12

Hi jansen.neil,

Which version of CubeMx are using? The last one is 4.9.0.

Could you change your machine?

-Shahrzad-

njansen1
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 16:26

Hi,

STM32CubeMX version is 4.9.0.

I made a new project and tried to duplicate the settings section by section, and it actually worked (didn't freeze), although I'm not sure why.  If I do a diff on the two *.ioc's they differ, but I can't figure out why one would work but the other one would make it crash.  Either way, I guess it's working now.

I'm still having a problem getting the project imported into either Rowley CrossWorks or ac6 SystemsWorkbench.  I've not been able to get either of them to compile.  Will spend a few more hours on it to make sure it's not anything stupid that I'm doing.. then I might be back for more help.  This whole process has been extremely daunting but will hopefully worth it in the end.

njansen1
Associate II
Posted on August 13, 2015 at 07:48

Now when I open up my new file, it still freezes up.  

This is extremely frustrating and causing me to lose a lot of time.  STM32CubeMX should not just lock up like this.  It's clearly a bug or some unhanded corner case, but unfortunately there's not much else that I can do at this point.

Can someone possibly reproduce this behavior on their machine?  Is there any more information that I can provide to help track this down?  Are there older versions that may be more stable?  Is there anything else that I might be doing wrong?

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on August 13, 2015 at 10:37

Hi jansen.neil,

Your .ioc file is needed in order to try to reproduce your issue. Could you please share it?

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

njansen1
Associate II
Posted on August 15, 2015 at 14:56

Hi,

You will find a link to the .ioc file in my first post.

Posted on August 21, 2015 at 16:43

Hi jansen.neil,

I generated a project with your .ioc file  on SW4STM, I compiled it and I did not have any compilation error.

Try to re-instal SW4STM and make right steps to setting the path of your project.

Sorry to not be able to help you more.

-Shahrzad-