Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM34f429i Discovery i2s/i2c question

rgtechaccount
Associate
Posted on August 13, 2015 at 08:52

Hello everyone.

I am building a simple car audio/video player, and the 429i with the LCD built into it seems perfect. I want to use a different DAC, specifically Ti's PCM5122, so that I can use higher grade amps, among other things. I've nutted out the DAC config (not as simple as it sounds, it's quite a powerful part), but when I fire up CubeMX and tell it I'm using a 429 disco kit it won't give me access to any of the I2S busses onboard. 

I havn't got the 429 kit yet, it's in the mail, but I would like to know if I can access an i2s and i2c bus while still using the LCD. I can't find anything in the documentation about this, and a search here bought up nothing.

Has anyone else had this issue? or is CubeMX just messing with me? 

Thank you 🙂
1 REPLY 1
Posted on August 13, 2015 at 18:57

The 

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00093903.pdf

should breakdown very clearly the pins used/unused in the design. It's not a very expandable/extensible board because of the low pin count device used, and the number of pins soaked up by the SDRAM + LCD.

Review the ''Free IO'' column, and what on the board you can remove/discard.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..